Hi Ludovic, Ludovic Courtès writes: […] >> Could we use emacs-zones from Elpa? See >> https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/zones.html . ‘guix import elpa >> emacs-zones’ will produce a decent ‘origin’ record to pull a source. > > My understanding is that ELPA and MELPA tarballs are not necessarily > persistent and immutable, and that we generally prefer referring > directly to the upstream repo. Ouch, I thought ELPA is persistent. That's a significant argument to not use ELPA for our purposes :-( . > Or am I confusing things? We preferred ELPA over GitHub's Git repositories in emacs-xys.scm (emacs.scm in past), didn't we? Oleg.