Hello, Ludovic Courtès writes: > Hello, > > L p R n d n skribis: > >> Ludovic Courtès writes: >> >>> Hello, >>> >>> L p R n d n skribis: >>> >>>> Here is my take on updating xfce to 4.14. >>> >>> Woow, thanks for all the work! >>> >>>> The update switches Xfce to gtk-3 but gtk-2 compatibility is kept. >>>> Also there a few changes to add or clarify some features like vala API >>>> or gobject introspection. >>>> Testing is welcome. >>> >>> So, I hope you won’t hate me for asking, but… can we separate the bits >>> that are really part of the Xfce upgrade or required by the upgrade, >>> from those that are not directly related? The libxklavier, mousepad, >>> and “fix tests” changes come to mind. That would make the review work >>> less intimidating. :-) >>> >>> Also, I suspect all the xfce* and libxf* packages need to be upgraded in >>> lockstep; that is, they all need to be either 4.14 or 4.12, but not a >>> mixture thereof. Thus, I’d actually prefer a single commit upgrading >>> all of these. WDYT? >>> >>> There are probably exceptions such as Thunar that do not strictly need >>> to be upgraded at the same time; these can remain in a separate commit. >> >> No problem. It's more git training! > > :-) > >> I'll make a single commit for all xfce4-core packages and leave the rest >> sepearate. Is it ok? > > Yes, all those that need to be updated together (which I think are the > libxf* and xfce* packages, but again I’m no Xfce expert) should go in > one patch. > >> Also, do you need me to send them at this bug report or a new one? > > Please send the Xfce upgrade here, and the patches that are not > Xfce-specific elsewhere. > Here are the new patches. Hope everything it's ok. I took the liberty to send the as attachment to avoid scambling them. There is one main patch for base xfce components' update + patches for other packages part of xfce. I also added two new components of xfce. I'll send the rest in their own bug report. Reminder, those patches should not be merged before patch #37253: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=37253 Thanks, > Thank you! > > Ludo’. Have a nice day, L p R n d n