On 2021-09-13 18:16, Xinglu Chen wrote: > On Mon, Sep 13 2021, Andrew Tropin wrote: > >> On 2021-09-10 20:22, Xinglu Chen wrote: >> >>> On Fri, Sep 10 2021, Andrew Tropin wrote: >>> >>>> * gnu/home-services/mcron.scm: New file. >>>> * gnu/local.mk: Add this. >>>> * doc/guix.texi: Add documentation about Mcron Home Service. >>>> --- >>>> >>>> This is the last of home services I consider "must-have" for wip-guix-home. >>>> >>>> It reuses two functions from (gnu services mcron) via @@, which can be >>>> considered as a hack, the alternative solution is to expose those functions >>>> via #:export, I can do it if it's a preffered way or suggest other ideas, >>>> please. The discussion on this topic: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/47238 >>>> Included Ludovic and Xinglu in CC. >>> >>> An alternative would be put it the (gnu service mcron) to share more >>> code between system service and home service. This was discussed >>> briefly on rde-devel[1]. It might be worth discussing this issue on >>> guix-devel before we add too many home service. >>> >> >> I'll make a thread on possible modules naming for home services later >> this week and will discuss this thing too. > > Cool! > >>>> I took a brief look at the testing approach, seems the most relevant is >>>> guix-system.sh and it is just a shell script, which runs a few guix system >>>> subcommand and check if they fail or succeed. Please let me know, what is a >>>> preferred way for writing tests and I'll try to provide some tests for Guix >>>> Home in the separate patch. >>> >>> The ‘guix-system.sh’ script seems to only test the ‘guix system’ >>> command, which doesn’t seem that related to the home services. I guess >>> we could check the contents of the generated config files. There is >>> (gnu build marionette) which creates a VM; we could then check that the >>> relevant process is running. Maybe there is a better approach, though. >>> >> >> It was a general question about tests for Guix Home, not Mcron home >> service, sorry for the confusion. > > No worries! To clarify, you were referring to the ‘guix home’ command > line utilities when you wrote “Guix Home”, right? If so, they could > probably be based on the ‘guix-system.sh’ test. To the whole Guix Home and found `guix-system.sh` to be most relevant, but later I saw that there are some tests for services too, both in tests/services and gnu/tests. Probably I need to look at them more carefully and write some in the same way.