On 2021-09-23 22:10, Ludovic Courtès wrote: > Hi, > > Andrew Tropin skribis: > >> However, ~(gnu home services ...)~ also looks cool, but it would be a >> little inconsistent with system services, which will have one level of >> nestiness less: ~(gnu services)~. >> >> IMO, ~(gnu home services ...)~ would be a good choice if we use ~(gnu >> system services)~ for system services. > > Regarding naming, I agree that what you propose would be more > consistent, but we’re not going to rename Guix System modules just now. > :-) > > So, from a purely cosmetic standpoint, I’d still prefer (gnu home > services …) rather than (gnu home-services …). It’s more consistent > with the rest IMO. > > Thanks, > Ludo’. Ok, got the remark, will think on this topic a little more. For now my personal ranking of the ideas is following: 1. Move to (gnu services ...) :: can(?) provide some additional reusability. 2. Keep as it is right now (gnu home-services ...) :: already works. 3. Move to (gnu home services ...) :: good stylistic change, but breaks backward compatibility.