Hi again, Timothy Sample writes: > Ludovic Courtès writes: > >> Timothy Sample skribis: >> >>> Of course, to use this script as part of the Guile build, someone™ will >>> have to double check that we can legally redistribute the Unicode data >>> file (probably okay, but always good to check), and update the build >>> rules to generate the C file. I can’t guarantee that I’ll get to it.... >> >> I’ll check with Andy if he’s fine with this option. Would you like to >> turn it into a patch against Guile? If not, I could do that. > > I’ll do it. It always feels good to submit a patch! I’ve attached two patches, the second of which is gzipped (the UnicodeData.txt file is nearly 2M). The first patch replaces the Perl script with the Awk script. The Awk script produces an identical ‘srfi-14.i.c’, except for changing “.pl” to “.awk” in a comment. The second patch removes ‘srfi-14.i.c’, adds ‘UnicodeData.txt’, and teaches the build machinery how to generate the former from the latter. I did my best with the Makefile, but I’m still a noob when it comes to Automake conventions. This is the part that warrants the most review! Finally, I added support for comments to the Awk script so that I could put the Unicode license text in the data file itself. This is probably the simplest way to dispatch our legal obligations to Unicode, Inc. (and follow the guidelines of the FSF). For all the details, see and . -- Tim