all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* New mumi am subcommand
@ 2024-06-10 17:41 Arun Isaac
From: Arun Isaac @ 2024-06-10 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hi,

The latest mumi CLI (version 0.3.0) comes with a new `mumi am'
subcommand. With this, you can automagically apply the latest patchset
in an issue.

First, set the current issue (say 61036).

$ mumi current 61036

Then, apply the latest patchset using

$ mumi am

You may also apply a patchset of a specific version (say, v3) using

$ mumi am v3

Or, you may apply a patch from a specific e-mail message.  For example,
to apply the patch from the 4th message (message index starts from 0),
run

$ mumi am @4

`mumi am' is a wrapper around `git am'. You can pass in `git am' options
after a `--'. For example, to sign off applied commits,

$ mumi am -- -s

Hope that helps and makes patch review a little less tedious!

I have submitted a patch documenting mumi am and the older compose and
www subcommands in the Guix manual. See
https://issues.guix.gnu.org/71481

Cheers!
Arun

* Re: New mumi am subcommand
@ 2024-06-12 14:51 ` Maxim Cournoyer
From: Maxim Cournoyer @ 2024-06-12 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arun Isaac; +Cc: guix-devel

Hi Arun,

Arun Isaac <arunisaac@systemreboot.net> writes:

> Hi,
>
> The latest mumi CLI (version 0.3.0) comes with a new `mumi am'
> subcommand. With this, you can automagically apply the latest patchset
> in an issue.
>
> First, set the current issue (say 61036).
>
> $ mumi current 61036
>
> Then, apply the latest patchset using
>
> $ mumi am
>
> You may also apply a patchset of a specific version (say, v3) using
>
> $ mumi am v3
>
> Or, you may apply a patch from a specific e-mail message.  For example,
> to apply the patch from the 4th message (message index starts from 0),
> run
>
> $ mumi am @4
>
> `mumi am' is a wrapper around `git am'. You can pass in `git am' options
> after a `--'. For example, to sign off applied commits,
>
> $ mumi am -- -s
>
> Hope that helps and makes patch review a little less tedious!
>
> I have submitted a patch documenting mumi am and the older compose and
> www subcommands in the Guix manual. See
> https://issues.guix.gnu.org/71481

This looks useful, thank you!

--
Maxim

* Re: New mumi am subcommand
@ 2024-06-17 13:09 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2024-06-17 13:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arun Isaac; +Cc: guix-devel

Howdy Arun!

Arun Isaac <arunisaac@systemreboot.net> skribis:

> First, set the current issue (say 61036).
>
> $ mumi current 61036
>
> Then, apply the latest patchset using
>
> $ mumi am
>
> You may also apply a patchset of a specific version (say, v3) using
>
> $ mumi am v3

Woow, very nice!

(Also great that pages at issues.guix.gnu.org tell about these
commands.)

I guess a next step, in case you (and others!) are looking for one,
would be to allow users to run through a review check list from the
command line, and to add a ‘reviewed-looks-good’ tag.

Thank you!

Ludo’.

* Re: New mumi am subcommand
@ 2024-06-17 23:07   ` Arun Isaac
From: Arun Isaac @ 2024-06-17 23:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel

> I guess a next step, in case you (and others!) are looking for one,
> would be to allow users to run through a review check list from the
> command line, and to add a ‘reviewed-looks-good’ tag.

Great idea! I have opened an issue https://issues.guix.gnu.org/71622 to
brainstorm and to invite contributions.