Andreas Enge skribis: > On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 11:09:40PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote: >> Please don’t do that: the build system purposefully avoids recursive >> makefiles, to improve parallelism etc. (see >> .) > > I did it for two reasons: > - It allows to type "make ps" and "make pdf" in the main directory, > instead of "cd doc; make pdf; cd ..". Hmm, there was no Makefile in doc/, so how could “cd doc; make pdf” work? > - It avoids clutter in the main directory (not checked this time, but I > think there were a few files guix.* then). I just tried “make pdf” from 3d1b29a, and, surprise: it doesn’t do anything. :-) Turns out that the “doc/guix.pdf:” line in Makefile.am annihilated the built-in rule. This is “fixed” with: