all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* IMPORTANT: expat security update
@ 2016-03-25 21:16 Mark H Weaver
From: Mark H Weaver @ 2016-03-25 21:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

I just pushed a security update for expat.  See:

   https://lwn.net/Articles/681356/

I recommend that you update ASAP.

Note that Icecat includes a bundled copy of expat, so I guess it is
probably still vulnerable.  I hope to update it some time in the next
few hours.  For now, you might want to use Epiphany.

Also note that this introduces grafts back into master, unfortunately.
It might be that releasing 0.9.1 without grafts is too much to hope for.

      Mark

* Re: IMPORTANT: expat security update
@ 2016-03-25 21:25 ` Mark H Weaver
From: Mark H Weaver @ 2016-03-25 21:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Mark H Weaver <mhw@netris.org> writes:
> I just pushed a security update for expat.  See:
>
>    https://lwn.net/Articles/681356/

Bah, nevermind.  I already fixed this bug last July, in commit
99e29da15690a696690b28b065e0d1b19c9610db.  That's embarrassing.

@ 2016-03-26 11:52   ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2016-03-26 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark H Weaver; +Cc: guix-devel

Mark H Weaver <mhw@netris.org> skribis:

> Mark H Weaver <mhw@netris.org> writes:
>> I just pushed a security update for expat.  See:
>>
>>    https://lwn.net/Articles/681356/
>
> Bah, nevermind.  I already fixed this bug last July, in commit
> 99e29da15690a696690b28b065e0d1b19c9610db.  That's embarrassing.

No, it means you’re trying to keep us safe, that’s fine.  :-)

Ludo’.