Leo Famulari writes: > On Thu, Sep 01, 2016 at 11:00:39AM +0100, Marius Bakke wrote: >> I had these in inputs initially and was surprised to see no references. >> Both seems to be compiled into the final program[0]: when running "mash >> info" on an invalid file (the provided data/refseq.msh), a generic >> capnproto exception is thrown (src/capnp/serialize.c++:159). > > I wonder, does using native-inputs work when building mash for another > architecture? That's interesting, the package indeed fails to build on i686. Sketch.cpp:(.text+0xdf): undefined reference to `memcpy@GLIBC_2.2.5' I don't understand why, the symbol versions should be the same, no? Are there any clever linker flags we can throw at it, or is setting supported-systems acceptable? >> That raises another question: should the htslib and capnproto licenses >> be listed too, since they are part of the binary output? > > Good question, I'm not sure. I'd guess "yes", along with a code comment > explaining what's going on. I've attached a patch below, with license comments and amd64 only. >> I'm not a bioinformatician (just a mere sysadmin for such), but have >> been going through the tutorial and things appear to work fine. > > Ah, bioinformatics software... all bets are off ;) You haven't seen anything yet! This is the nice part of my queue ;) Thanks! Marius