Julien Lepiller writes: >> Could you send an updated patch to address those issues? Then we can >> happily apply it. > here is the updated patch. I let the tests be done because it doesn't > harm, but it does no good either, so feel free to disable them if you > prefer. Hello! I've gone through this package and made some improvements. I also managed to enable the test suite, but had to resort to strace to figure out what was going on (/bin/sh calls..). Unsurprisingly, many of them fail still. Some look harmless, others are testing for some specific bugs with assigned CVEs, which is concerning. I'm hoping some of the earlier reviewers with actual PHP experience (hi Tobias ;-)) can have a final look at it and see if it's good to go -- I haven't done any functionality testing of this package. We'll need a way to fix or disable these tests however.. Tips appreciated! Also, I tried substituting a file with ISO-8859 encoding, which fails. It's commented out for now, but it would be nice to have it working. Other changes done: * Sorted inputs and build flags to make it easy to tell what's enabled. * Added '--enable-threads'. * Added the Zend license. * Some comment changes -- turns out libbcmath is not actually from bc. Finally, libxml2 is both a native and regular input. Can we be sure the one from inputs is actually the one linked against, or should the native-input (for xml2-config) be dropped? Thanks for working on this! I'll be mostly offline the next two days, but hope to finish this shortly thereafter.