Thompson, David writes: > Hi all, been awhile! Hi David! Great suggestions all! I use guix environment heavily and like it a lot. > 4) Make 'guix environment' with no other args operate like 'guix > environment --cache --load=guix.scm'. 'guix.scm' is a placeholder > name for whatever we decide the conventional name for an environment > config should be. Wouldn't that be guix environment --cache --dependencies --load=guix.scm I have been using an ugly hack to switch profiles (or environments; look at $GUIX_ENVIRONMENT) in Emacs, see attached. As discussed briefly on irc yesterday are various ways this could go: use emacs-direnv, read the manifest file in elisp, use guix repl to read it..etc Greetings, janneke