Pierre Neidhardt writes: > Qutebrowser is out of date: 0.11.0 in GuixSD, upstream is 1.2.1. > > https://github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/releases > > Newer versions support qtwebengine, which is not packaged on GuixSD > either. > I was wondering if this has anything to do with non-free software. > If not, I'd be happy to package it. IIRC the problem with QtWebEngine is that it bundles a copy of Chromium. However, it seems they strip away binary blobs and Google integrations[0], so as long as DRM (called "Widevine" in Chromium lingo) is disabled I think it will be okay for Guix. FWIW I've been working on Chromium over at . Maybe you'll find it useful for QtWebEngine. It would be great if we could use the same source for both since Chromium has very frequent security updates, but I'm not sure how patched QtWebEngine is. As for the status of the Chromium patch, following the recent Pale Moon discussion I no longer think it satisfies FSDG[1] requirements and will have to take some further steps to properly hide the "Web Store". [0] https://wiki.qt.io/QtWebEngine [1] https://www.gnu.org/distros/free-system-distribution-guidelines.html