Hello Pjotr, thanks for sharing your thougts! Pjotr Prins writes: [...] > I am still using that setup today, to configure web, mail > servers and home directory. The tool is here > > https://github.com/pjotrp/deploy quiting from the README: "`deploy’ is a deployment tool which operates in the same domain as Chef, Puppet, Cfengine" I'd call them "configuration management tools" instead of "deployment tools", even if someway (*badly*) they can also deploy software and apply the configuration why not using (or defining [1]) system services in a Guix operating-system declaration instead of *any* other configuration management software?... except for legacy reasons the very reason I'm here is I don't want to use *anymore* *any* of them, with all due _respect_ for the venerable projects, your included! I've used Puppet and some Ansible, studied CFengine and Salt Stack... then discovered Nix and rigth next Guix: what else? :-) [...] > and the emacs files sit in a git directory in the same tree and get > copied across running 'deploy emacs.yaml'. yes, we still miss "stateless user services config" (Pierre Neidhardt wrote an interesting summary here https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2019-02/msg00128.html) I'd like to be able to declaratively manage a *stateless* .config/ instead of managing configuration with dotfiles [2] anyway Guix is _perfect_ to declare and deploy system services, what we miss is a little more abstraction (from operating-system to infrastructure?) and remote control of "guix system reconfigure" am I missing something? Thanks Giovanni [1] https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/html_node/Defining-Services.html#Defining-Services [2] I'm using myrepos with "stowable = true" for my dotfolders... but I'll _never_ use something like it's Drupal extension -- Giovanni Biscuolo Xelera IT Infrastructures