all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* hydra.gnu.org and mirror.hydra.gnu.org service discontinued
@ 2019-06-18 13:19 Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2019-06-18 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-guix, Guix-devel

Hello Guix,

After seven years of service, the continuous integration service and
‘guix publish’ service running at hydra.gnu.org, as well as its mirror
at mirror.hydra.gnu.org, are now discontinued.

As a reminder, starting from Guix 0.16.0 in December 2018¹, the default
host for substitutes and for continuous integration is ci.guix.gnu.org, a
mirror of berlin.guix.gnu.org, which was formerly known as ci.guix.info.

Many thanks to everyone who helped maintain this service over the years,
and in particular to Mark H Weaver for all the energy put into making it
run as smoothly as possible!

For the record, hydra.gnu.org used to run Hydra² for continuous
integration, on top of Trisquel; ci.guix.gnu.org runs Cuirass on Guix
and you can find its complete configuration in maintenance.git³.

Ludo’.

¹ https://gnu.org/s/guix/blog/2018/gnu-guix-and-guixsd-0.16.0-released/
² https://nixos.org/hydra/
³ https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/maintenance.git/tree/hydra/

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: hydra.gnu.org and mirror.hydra.gnu.org service discontinued
@ 2019-06-18 15:49 ` Leo Famulari
From: Leo Famulari @ 2019-06-18 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

On Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 03:19:41PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Many thanks to everyone who helped maintain this service over the years,
> and in particular to Mark H Weaver for all the energy put into making it
> run as smoothly as possible!

Indeed, Mark worked tirelessly behind the scenes for years to maintain
our Hydra instance! His effort was instrumental in maintaining the rapid
pace of Guix development during those years. Thank you, Mark!

@ 2019-06-18 17:15 ` Vagrant Cascadian
From: Vagrant Cascadian @ 2019-06-18 17:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès, Guix-devel

On 2019-06-18, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> After seven years of service, the continuous integration service and
> ‘guix publish’ service running at hydra.gnu.org, as well as its mirror
> at mirror.hydra.gnu.org, are now discontinued.

Curious how this will affect armhf systems, as berlin didn't tend to
have many substitutes for armhf. Rekado mentioned on irc that the
builders that were running on hydra could be reconfigured to work with
the berlin build farm?

With armhf machines being generally slow, substitutes are really quite
nice to have working! :)

Thanks everyone for their past, present and future work maintaining
infrastructure for substitute servers!

live well,
  vagrant

@ 2019-06-18 23:52 ` Quiliro's lists
From: Quiliro's lists @ 2019-06-18 23:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

It is great that Nix had contributed in such a great way to Guix. It is
also nice that now Guix has its own continuos integration software.
Congratulations!

* Re: hydra.gnu.org and mirror.hydra.gnu.org service discontinued
@ 2019-06-21 15:01   ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2019-06-21 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vagrant Cascadian; +Cc: Guix-devel

Hello!

Vagrant Cascadian <vagrant@debian.org> skribis:

> On 2019-06-18, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>> After seven years of service, the continuous integration service and
>> ‘guix publish’ service running at hydra.gnu.org, as well as its mirror
>> at mirror.hydra.gnu.org, are now discontinued.
>
> Curious how this will affect armhf systems, as berlin didn't tend to
> have many substitutes for armhf. Rekado mentioned on irc that the
> builders that were running on hydra could be reconfigured to work with
> the berlin build farm?
>
> With armhf machines being generally slow, substitutes are really quite
> nice to have working! :)

Definitely!  There’s a couple of 32-bit ARM build machines behind
hydra.gnu.org that we plan to move behind berlin.guix.gnu.org, but this
hasn’t happened yet.  It wonder if we should reinstall them, ideally
with Guix System, before we putting them back in service.  WDYT, Mark?

Thanks,
Ludo’.