Oleg Pykhalov writes: Heya Oleg, thanks for chiming in. > Propagated inputs could lead to conflicts in a Guix profile. The > simplest example I could remember is - you want upgrade package ‘A’ > which propagates ‘direnv’, but you cannot because package ‘B’ propagates > it too. In this case you need to upgrade both ‘A’ and ‘B’ or delete ‘A’ > (or ‘B’). Would there be a conflict if they both propagated the same input (in this case the direnv binary)? > Instead we could make the package functional by substituting in > /gnu/store/…-emacs-direnv-…-checkout/direnv.el file ‘direnv--detect’ > ("Detect the direnv executable.") procedure which could return a path to > ‘direnv’ binary as a string directly without calling ‘executable-find’. > WDYT? In general, I like to keep packages as close to their source as possible, but I'm slowly learning that this is not often the case when packaging things (which is a shame and a risk in my opinion). But all things considered, I think this is probably the right approach here given the feedback I'm getting. Here's a patch which should supersede the previous patch: