Hi Maxim, Maxim Cournoyer writes: > Simon Tournier writes: [...] >> Maybe patchwork already running (I think) could help, trying to >> regularly rebase the branch dedicated to the submission on the top of >> master, then if all is fine, somehow the two heads from the master >> branch and the dedicated branch should match, and it would indicate the >> patches are included and it is safe to close. More or less. :-) > > We could use Gerrit's commit hook that adds a unique ID as a git > trailer. Do you mean "commit-msg" hook as documented here: https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/Documentation/cmd-hook-commit-msg.html ? --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8--- The Gerrit Code Review supplied implementation of this hook is a short shell script which automatically inserts a globally unique Change-Id tag in the footer of a commit message. When present, Gerrit uses this tag to track commits across cherry-picks and rebases. --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8--- > Then it should become possible to > > 1. Check if all items of a series have appeared in the git history > 2. If so, close the associated issue if it was still open Thinking out loud: a. each contributed patch will have a unique Change-Id, persistent across rebases (and git commit --amend), and every new patch version (produced during patch revision) will have the same Change-Id; this is valid for all commits in a patch set b. when all "Change-Id"s of patches contained in a patch set are listed in the git history (of one of the official branches) the associated issue can be closed c. how do we get the issue number of a patch containing "Change-Id"? [1] Did I miss something? Thanks, Gio' [1] right now how do we get the issue number of a committed patch? -- Giovanni Biscuolo Xelera IT Infrastructures