Hi Giovanni, Giovanni Biscuolo writes: >> However, we also implemented the `current-guix` hack that basically uses >> a guix checkout at the current guix version as the source for the guix >> package. > > So, since some commit, now the guix version used to build the target > system image is the one checked-out by the person/agent running the > install image build script: did I understand it correctly? Yes. >> In both cases though, we shouldn't see any differences in other >> package's derivations… > > Does this mean you consider possible to pre-populate the /gnu/store > install system (the one started using the install image) with a substet > of substitutes possibly needed in the target system? I think it's already meant to be the case, see the comment in gnu/system/install.scm about keeping a reference to the bare bones os's closure. It wouldn't contain all graphical stuff either, but I think there's also some trouble with grafts that forces users to still download substitutes. Best, -- Josselin Poiret