Danny Milosavljevic skribis: >> The problem of how to deal with file name encoding has been discussed on >> the Guile side so hopefully the next release in the 2.2 series will have >> a solution for this. > > Hmm, any news on this? I've again got some immortal files in /tmp ... I’m afraid no. Months ago a solution was proposed on the Guile side but not implemented. I tried the attached workaround, which attempts to use are UTF-8-only syscalls wrappers for the task. Unfortunately it doesn’t work because the cleanup code runs on the initrd’s statically-linked Guile, where ‘dynamic-link’ calls used in (guix build syscalls) fail. :-/ Ideas? Ludo’.