Ludovic Courtès writes: > That sounds worrying. Could you report it upstream? I'll will. After further investigation, it turns out that nouveau keeps crashing in loop, which overwhelms the kernel. Everything is extremely unresponsive, I suppose because the kernel scheduler cannot allocate much time to the user land processes. This explains the power drain. `dmesg' shows a sequence of [nouveau] errors in loop, but I haven't managed to capture it so far because the system freezes too soon. >> By the way, how do I make the above /sys/ tweak permanent on GuixSD? > > You could do something like: > > (simple-service 'my-/sys-tweaks activation-service-type > #~(call-with-output-file "/sys/…" > (lambda (port) > (display "1" port)))) I just tried your suggestion and it results in a kernel panic (on Linux 4.15). I get a "No such file or directory" error. I suppose that is because the service is run too early. > That said, we should probably build a higher-level > ‘/sys-tweaks-service-type’ where we could directly pass pairs of file > name/values. > > Would you like to give it a try? Sure, whenever I have some more free time (in a week or so). -- Pierre Neidhardt