On Sun, May 06, 2018 at 18:33:56 +0200, Hartmut Goebel wrote: > Am 06.05.2018 um 16:05 schrieb Mike Gerwitz: >> In the case of their addon >> system, they encourage installation of non-free addons, which is against >> the Free Software Distribution Guidelines (FSDG), and is the same reason >> that Debian isn't a recommended free software distribution. >> > My aim is to empower people, not to infantilize them. > > If we disable adding add-on, we appoint ourselves as guardian for > immature users. And this IMHO is contrary to "free" (as in "free speech"). There might be a miscommunication: I'm not suggesting that we disable addons (I use many of them), merely that we do not have the default Firefox addon page, which encourages non-free software. IceCat replaces it with its own page that uses the free software directory, for example. Users are free to use that directory; go to addons.mozilla.org themselves; or install addons however else they choose. -- Mike Gerwitz Free Software Hacker+Activist | GNU Maintainer & Volunteer GPG: D6E9 B930 028A 6C38 F43B 2388 FEF6 3574 5E6F 6D05 https://mikegerwitz.com