ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) writes: >> Like you said, maybe it's possible that the marionette process got a >> signal. But why would that happen? > > I’m not sure! It could be SIGPIPE or SIGCHLD, this is left as an > exercise to you. :-) Seriously, you could register signal handlers and > try to see what’s going on. That's fair. I'll do that if I actually need to figure out what's going on with the sleep during the test. For now, I don't have to sleep, so it isn't a big deal yet. >> I have a related question. Is there a guarantee that the test case will >> begin after the TOR service has started up? > > Most service tests start by waiting for the service to be up using > something like: > > (marionette-eval > '(begin > (use-modules (gnu services herd)) > (start-service 'mcron)) > marionette) > > That blocks until ‘mcron’ is up or it has failed to start. That's another good way to do it! Thank you for entertaining my questions. -- Chris