Hi all, Caleb Ristvedt writes: > I'd just like to add that if a user has guix installed for root but only > really keeps their user's guix up to date (I imagine a fairly common > situation), they're in for a weird situation when using sudo: a > bleeding-edge guix will complain about being outdated, since sudo (even > with -E) sets $USER, which is used to determine which file's timestamp > should be used for deciding whether the installed guix is outdated. > Basically, your shiny new guix warns you that someone else's dirty old guix > is old. if this is true (root and user profiles using different versions of guix is a problem), should this be clearly stated in the manual? maybe I'm missing something, but I thought root and user profiles were isolated so I can have different binaries (guix included) and use them independently, am I wrong? Thanks! Giovanni [...] -- Giovanni Biscuolo Xelera IT Infrastructures