Ricardo Wurmus writes: > I performed the migration of the Emacs xwidgets feature from the old to > the newer webkitgtk API, but that’s when I noticed that xwidgets are > hardly usable in its current state. I certainly wouldn’t use it as a > browser, for example, because there is virtually no integration with the > rest of Emacs. I see it as pretty good for many usecases already. I often just want to look up something in a browser without switching away from Emacs, and many websites nowadays don’t work with text browsers anymore. The main thing that’s missing right now is a way to highlight all links and select the one to follow — similar to next (or one of the other projects listed on https://qutebrowser.org/ ). Do you know why it flickers? > It works fine for sending JavaScript snippets to the widgets and have it > respond, but it’s not very well integrated into Emacs. Disabling > JavaScript has the effect of disabling *all* JavaScript, which makes > scrolling impossible (as it is implemented by sending JavaScript to the > widget). That doesn’t really hurt me: For sites without javascript, eww mostly works fine. So when running a webkit, I typically need javascript anyway. Also xwidgets as a feature enables much more than just a browser. Best wishes, Arne -- Unpolitisch sein heißt politisch sein ohne es zu merken