Raghav, Raghav Gururajan wrote: > It seems like, when I do "guix package -u", only packages > installed by user are upgraded. It also seems like, when I do > "guix system reconfigure", only system installed packages are > upgraded. Yes, that's how it works. I gather (’…seems…’) that you didn't find this clearly explained in the documentation? Could you suggest an improvement? > How to update packages in both system-profile and user-profile, > at the same time? I don't know whether it's possible to (easily) apply both updates within the same transaction from the command line. Unless you really need to: guix pull && guix system reconfigure … && guix package -u …. Kind regards, T G-R