Pierre, Pierre Neidhardt 写道: > Tobias Geerinckx-Rice writes: > >> Generations also don't allow you to btrfs send/receive, which I >> think was Maxim's main point. If there's another KISSy way to >> back up whole Guix Systems over the Internet, I don't know of >> it >> (rsync can't, nor can borg or restic or…, and everything else >> is >> too much work :o). > > Question: What is the point of backing up a Guix system if the > config.scm suffices? I did blatantly invite that question, didn't I :-) > Is there something that is not contained in config.scm? So. much. state. ‘Oh, right, /etc/networkmanager's gone now. Let me get my notebook with passwords. Oh, that reminds me: all user passwords are empty, have to change that ASAP. Phew. Oh, I have to reinstall my printer, good thing I have time for that while people are angrily calling me about deadlines. What's this about changed SSH host ke—’ That's trivial stuff I thought of while writing, and it already adds up to minutes of human work (=downtime). All at the most inconvenient and stressful time. Now multiply that by the number of things I forgot. I don't consider a back-up that can't be restored while drunk a back-up. > […] time, of course! ;) I've learnt the hard way over the years that, for me, nothing else matters. ♪, T G-R