Ricardo Wurmus writes: > Hi Mike, > > thank you for your patient reply. > >> Ricardo Wurmus writes: >> >>> Does the code include DRM support, for example? Does it phone home? >>> Can we see the patches that upstream applied to the Chromium sources? >>> >> >> QtWebengine does not handle DRM at all. That is handled by a 3rd party >> plugin called wildevine and would require guix to bundle that plugin. >> Something I'm confident is not going to happen. As an added measure my >> proposed qtwebengine declaration has pepper plugins disabled making it >> impossible to load 3rd party plugins either way. >> >> see https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtwebengine-features.html#html5-drm >> for reference > > I’m aware of this. My apologies for not expressing myself more > clearly. We probably want to remove the support for the DRM plugin, > following the discussions about ungoogled-chromium at > > https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/34565 I have attached a patch that disables support for loading the Widevine plugin, and also removes unused bundled software from the source based on a whitelist, similar to ungoogled-chromium's %PRESERVED-THIRD-PARTY-FILES. It removes some 300+ MiB from the uncompressed sources. The snippet will require some adjustments for every new version of QtWebEngine however, I can help out with that when required. Patch 1/2 is a slightly "cleaned up" version of Mike's latest patch, fixing some cosmetic issues, and makes it respect the daemons requested number of build cores. With these changes, I think the package is ready to go. \o/