Konrad Hinsen writes: >> - There may be too many provenances, we need to add a CLI flag to >> ignore provenance. > > Too many in what sense? > > I'd just print a warning if the specification refers to more than, say, > five inferiors. Users can then clean up their profile or live with the > mess. > > Cleaning up just means updating the profile. You mean with guix upgrade -p /path/to/profile? > That would re-create > specifications.scm, in a better way than a special CLI flag because > specifications.scm is always the same as the current profile. OK, but what about a system where you don't have the profile, only the specification file? I believe we still need a flag to override the channels, basically add -C,--channels to `guix package`. -- Pierre Neidhardt https://ambrevar.xyz/