Mark Wielaard writes: > OK, OK. Lets see if I can at least get the patch that does only update > the descriptions correct. New version attached. Thanks! I fixed the comment typo and committed. The new description should show up on shortly. :-) Note that I had to convert the patch from ISO-8859-14 to UTF-8 in order to make git accept it: $ iconv -f ISO-8859-14 -t UTF-8 0001-gnu-elfutils-Update-synopsis-and-description.patch | git am -s Not sure what happened, perhaps it got mangled by your MUA? For the 0.178 update, perhaps we can add the new version as a separate variable until we figure out how to isolate libelf.so? That can be done on the 'master' branch as long as we don't change the current 'elfutils' package.