Léo Le Bouter writes: > On Sun, 2021-03-14 at 14:54 +0000, Christopher Baines wrote: >> I think it would be better to squash this commit in with the two >> previous commits, so there just one commit to remove the service, >> including the tests and documentation. That's a better "atomic" >> change, >> since all three bits (service itself, test and docs) are one thing in >> my >> opinion. > > Oh no, then all the individual commits and ordering work (so no single > commit breaks GNU Guix or makes it inconsistent) is useless now :-( I don't think there's going to be any problems with combining the commits I'm suggesting. Given they're contiguous, there's no chance of it breaking something, right? > I will try squashing ASAP, but what do you recommend as title then? It > seems to me this kind of violates GNU commit message guidelines. I'm no expert at writing commit messages in the Guix/GNU style, but maybe take a look at the commit that added the service [1]. I think "services: Remove MongoDB." would be a reasonable title. 1: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?id=5266ff719e274056cb3e2b9740183f0063177255