all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
 help / color / mirror / Atom feed
* bug#48156: basic system test broken: qemu-system-x86_64: error while loading shared libraries: libXcursor.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
@ 2021-05-02  9:10 Christopher Baines
  2021-05-04 19:51 ` Ludovic Courtès
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 6+ messages in thread
From: Christopher Baines @ 2021-05-02  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 48156

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 1435 bytes --]


This is on commit 1b792e8b5275dc010c53d91062082340431204f2.

→ make check-system TESTS=basic
Compiling Scheme modules...
Selected 1 system tests...
The following derivation will be built:
   /gnu/store/7dyw16iakczr7qg89rb3rgbh443cvwpc-basic.drv
building /gnu/store/7dyw16iakczr7qg89rb3rgbh443cvwpc-basic.drv...
/gnu/store/13v06bndh09k1db50yndqi7610a9170k-qemu-5.2.0/bin/qemu-system-x86_64: error while loading shared libraries: libXcursor.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Backtrace:
           4 (primitive-load "/gnu/store/kxwahrlahs75yr5j190n7f5sah9?")
In ice-9/eval.scm:
    619:8  3 (_ #f)
   626:19  2 (_ #<directory (guile-user) 7ffff1baff00>)
In gnu/build/marionette.scm:
    141:7  1 (make-marionette ("/gnu/store/s8cndczb6zz9al8l7nqk9hm?") ?)
    114:7  0 (accept* #<input-output: socket 10>)

gnu/build/marionette.scm:114:7: In procedure accept*:
timeout in 'accept' #<input-output: socket 10>
QEMU runs as PID 14
note: keeping build directory `/tmp/guix-build-basic.drv-3'
builder for `/gnu/store/7dyw16iakczr7qg89rb3rgbh443cvwpc-basic.drv' failed with exit code 1
build of /gnu/store/7dyw16iakczr7qg89rb3rgbh443cvwpc-basic.drv failed
View build log at '/var/log/guix/drvs/7d/yw16iakczr7qg89rb3rgbh443cvwpc-basic.drv.bz2'.
guix build: error: build of `/gnu/store/7dyw16iakczr7qg89rb3rgbh443cvwpc-basic.drv' failed
make: *** [Makefile:6923: check-system] Error 1

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]
[-- Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 987 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

* bug#48156: basic system test broken: qemu-system-x86_64: error while loading shared libraries: libXcursor.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
  2021-05-02  9:10 bug#48156: basic system test broken: qemu-system-x86_64: error while loading shared libraries: libXcursor.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory Christopher Baines
@ 2021-05-04 19:51 ` Ludovic Courtès
  2021-05-05  9:07   ` Christopher Baines
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 6+ messages in thread
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2021-05-04 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Baines; +Cc: 48156

Hi,

Christopher Baines <mail@cbaines.net> skribis:

> This is on commit 1b792e8b5275dc010c53d91062082340431204f2.
>
> → make check-system TESTS=basic
> Compiling Scheme modules...
> Selected 1 system tests...
> The following derivation will be built:
>    /gnu/store/7dyw16iakczr7qg89rb3rgbh443cvwpc-basic.drv
> building /gnu/store/7dyw16iakczr7qg89rb3rgbh443cvwpc-basic.drv...
> /gnu/store/13v06bndh09k1db50yndqi7610a9170k-qemu-5.2.0/bin/qemu-system-x86_64: error while loading shared libraries: libXcursor.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

That looks fishy.  I cannot reproduce it like this:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ TESTS=basic guix time-machine --commit=1b792e8b5275dc010c53d91062082340431204f2 -- build -m etc/system-tests.scm

[...]

;;; (services (file-system-/dev/shm file-system-/sys/firmware/efi/efivars urandom-seed term-tty3 term-tty2 virtual-terminal mcron term-tty4 console-font-tty5 console-font-tty1 user-file-systems user-processes root-file-system console-font-tty2 marionette loopback syslogd nscd term-tty5 root file-system-/dev/pts term-tty6 file-system-/sys/kernel/debug console-font-tty3 guix-daemon term-tty1 user-homes console-font-tty6 sysctl console-font-tty4 term-auto host-name file-systems udev))
# of expected passes      27
# of skipped tests        1
successfully built /gnu/store/q1p7gbpxv37ycisdpl11vi4x86l73lmg-basic.drv
/gnu/store/2v80zymwawb9cvf9bhdfj87f60nrcpn3-basic
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

It’s not the same derivation though.

I can’t seem to find
/gnu/store/7dyw16iakczr7qg89rb3rgbh443cvwpc-basic.drv nor
/gnu/store/13v06bndh09k1db50yndqi7610a9170k-qemu-5.2.0.  Where do they
come from?

Thanks,
Ludo’.




^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

* bug#48156: basic system test broken: qemu-system-x86_64: error while loading shared libraries: libXcursor.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
  2021-05-04 19:51 ` Ludovic Courtès
@ 2021-05-05  9:07   ` Christopher Baines
  2021-05-06 10:50     ` Ludovic Courtès
  2021-05-07  0:33     ` Tobias Geerinckx-Rice via Bug reports for GNU Guix
  0 siblings, 2 replies; 6+ messages in thread
From: Christopher Baines @ 2021-05-05  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: 48156-close

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 2966 bytes --]


Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Christopher Baines <mail@cbaines.net> skribis:
>
>> This is on commit 1b792e8b5275dc010c53d91062082340431204f2.
>>
>> → make check-system TESTS=basic
>> Compiling Scheme modules...
>> Selected 1 system tests...
>> The following derivation will be built:
>>    /gnu/store/7dyw16iakczr7qg89rb3rgbh443cvwpc-basic.drv
>> building /gnu/store/7dyw16iakczr7qg89rb3rgbh443cvwpc-basic.drv...
>> /gnu/store/13v06bndh09k1db50yndqi7610a9170k-qemu-5.2.0/bin/qemu-system-x86_64: error while loading shared libraries: libXcursor.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>
> That looks fishy.  I cannot reproduce it like this:
>
> --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
> $ TESTS=basic guix time-machine --commit=1b792e8b5275dc010c53d91062082340431204f2 -- build -m etc/system-tests.scm
>
> [...]
>
> ;;; (services (file-system-/dev/shm file-system-/sys/firmware/efi/efivars urandom-seed term-tty3 term-tty2 virtual-terminal mcron term-tty4 console-font-tty5 console-font-tty1 user-file-systems user-processes root-file-system console-font-tty2 marionette loopback syslogd nscd term-tty5 root file-system-/dev/pts term-tty6 file-system-/sys/kernel/debug console-font-tty3 guix-daemon term-tty1 user-homes console-font-tty6 sysctl console-font-tty4 term-auto host-name file-systems udev))
> # of expected passes      27
> # of skipped tests        1
> successfully built /gnu/store/q1p7gbpxv37ycisdpl11vi4x86l73lmg-basic.drv
> /gnu/store/2v80zymwawb9cvf9bhdfj87f60nrcpn3-basic
> --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
>
> It’s not the same derivation though.
>
> I can’t seem to find
> /gnu/store/7dyw16iakczr7qg89rb3rgbh443cvwpc-basic.drv nor
> /gnu/store/13v06bndh09k1db50yndqi7610a9170k-qemu-5.2.0.  Where do they
> come from?

I've done a bit more digging, the qemu output is grafted, and I'm
probably getting a different grafted result since the libxcursor output
I have in my store is broken:

/gnu/store/mwcfhmiivhp4q7wax3ja8s17pk20i6w9-libxcursor-1.2.0/
└── share
    └── doc
        └── libxcursor-1.2.0
            └── COPYING

This comes from guix.cbaines.net, so it's probably not affecting anyone
else. I checked where the build happened, and it took place on a machine
which I was playing around with overclocking, and wasn't running in a
stable way.

I'm sort of impressed things managed to break in such a specific way
though. Because of how the Guix Build Coordinator works, this build must
have taken place, something went wrong in the middle, and then the
outputs got uploaded and the build result reported all without
issue. The build log has some interesting "succeeded after 0.0 seconds"
bits at the end:

  https://guix.cbaines.net/build/d4850c59-a007-4754-b16d-d867d63bc95e/log

I'll close the bug since this seems to be a "me" problem.

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]
[-- Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 987 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

* bug#48156: basic system test broken: qemu-system-x86_64: error while loading shared libraries: libXcursor.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
  2021-05-05  9:07   ` Christopher Baines
@ 2021-05-06 10:50     ` Ludovic Courtès
  2021-05-07  0:33     ` Tobias Geerinckx-Rice via Bug reports for GNU Guix
  1 sibling, 0 replies; 6+ messages in thread
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2021-05-06 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Baines; +Cc: 48156-close

Hi,

Christopher Baines <mail@cbaines.net> skribis:

> I've done a bit more digging, the qemu output is grafted, and I'm
> probably getting a different grafted result since the libxcursor output
> I have in my store is broken:
>
> /gnu/store/mwcfhmiivhp4q7wax3ja8s17pk20i6w9-libxcursor-1.2.0/
> └── share
>     └── doc
>         └── libxcursor-1.2.0
>             └── COPYING
>
> This comes from guix.cbaines.net, so it's probably not affecting anyone
> else. I checked where the build happened, and it took place on a machine
> which I was playing around with overclocking, and wasn't running in a
> stable way.
>
> I'm sort of impressed things managed to break in such a specific way
> though. Because of how the Guix Build Coordinator works, this build must
> have taken place, something went wrong in the middle, and then the
> outputs got uploaded and the build result reported all without
> issue. The build log has some interesting "succeeded after 0.0 seconds"
> bits at the end:
>
>   https://guix.cbaines.net/build/d4850c59-a007-4754-b16d-d867d63bc95e/log

Woow, this is super weird.  If all our packages could build this
quickly…  :-)

Thanks for following up,
Ludo’.




^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

* bug#48156: basic system test broken: qemu-system-x86_64: error while loading shared libraries: libXcursor.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
  2021-05-05  9:07   ` Christopher Baines
  2021-05-06 10:50     ` Ludovic Courtès
@ 2021-05-07  0:33     ` Tobias Geerinckx-Rice via Bug reports for GNU Guix
  2021-05-08 20:15       ` Christopher Baines
  1 sibling, 1 reply; 6+ messages in thread
From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice via Bug reports for GNU Guix @ 2021-05-07  0:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Baines; +Cc: ludo, 48156, 48156-close

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 2282 bytes --]

Chris,

Christopher Baines 写道:
> This comes from guix.cbaines.net, so it's probably not affecting 
> anyone
> else.

The spooky happenings below reminded of this thread.  Perhaps 
they're useful somehow.  Probably not.

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
λ guix environment guix -- ./pre-inst-env guix build \
	--no-grafts mergerfs --target=aarch64-linux-gnu
[...]
downloading from 
https://guix.cbaines.net/nar/lzip/g3f3pkvli22b6q514cqwwsfk1ip8dwij-mergerfs-2.32.4 
...
[...]
/gnu/store/g3f3pkvli22b6q514cqwwsfk1ip8dwij-mergerfs-2.32.4
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
λ tree 
/gnu/store/g3f3pkvli22b6q514cqwwsfk1ip8dwij-mergerfs-2.32.4/
/gnu/store/g3f3pkvli22b6q514cqwwsfk1ip8dwij-mergerfs-2.32.4/
└── share
    └── doc
        └── mergerfs-2.32.4
            └── LICENSE

3 directories, 1 file
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
λ guix environment guix -- ./pre-inst-env guix build \
	--no-grafts mergerfs --target=aarch64-linux-gnu \
        --check --keep-failed
[...]
guix build: error: derivation 
`/gnu/store/xkbxh0bwqppf6ga8fxx38hz3f1kq0av8-mergerfs-2.32.4.drv' 
may not be deterministic: output 
`/gnu/store/g3f3pkvli22b6q514cqwwsfk1ip8dwij-mergerfs-2.32.4' 
differs from 
‘/gnu/store/g3f3pkvli22b6q514cqwwsfk1ip8dwij-mergerfs-2.32.4-check’
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
λ tree 
/gnu/store/g3f3pkvli22b6q514cqwwsfk1ip8dwij-mergerfs-2.32.4-check
/gnu/store/g3f3pkvli22b6q514cqwwsfk1ip8dwij-mergerfs-2.32.4-check
├── bin
│   ├── mergerfs
│   └── mergerfs-fusermount
├── sbin
│   └── mount.mergerfs
└── share
    ├── doc
    │   └── mergerfs-2.32.4
    │       └── LICENSE
    └── man
        └── man1
            └── mergerfs.1.gz

7 directories, 5 files
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Kind regards,

T G-R

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]
[-- Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 247 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

* bug#48156: basic system test broken: qemu-system-x86_64: error while loading shared libraries: libXcursor.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
  2021-05-07  0:33     ` Tobias Geerinckx-Rice via Bug reports for GNU Guix
@ 2021-05-08 20:15       ` Christopher Baines
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 6+ messages in thread
From: Christopher Baines @ 2021-05-08 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice; +Cc: 48156

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 2660 bytes --]


Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <me@tobias.gr> writes:

> Chris,
>
> Christopher Baines 写道:
>> This comes from guix.cbaines.net, so it's probably not affecting
>> anyone
>> else.
>
> The spooky happenings below reminded of this thread.  Perhaps they're
> useful somehow.  Probably not.
>
> --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
> λ guix environment guix -- ./pre-inst-env guix build \
> 	--no-grafts mergerfs --target=aarch64-linux-gnu
> [...]
> downloading from
> https://guix.cbaines.net/nar/lzip/g3f3pkvli22b6q514cqwwsfk1ip8dwij-mergerfs-2.32.4
> ...
> [...]
> /gnu/store/g3f3pkvli22b6q514cqwwsfk1ip8dwij-mergerfs-2.32.4
> --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
>
> --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
> λ tree /gnu/store/g3f3pkvli22b6q514cqwwsfk1ip8dwij-mergerfs-2.32.4/
> /gnu/store/g3f3pkvli22b6q514cqwwsfk1ip8dwij-mergerfs-2.32.4/
> └── share
>    └── doc
>        └── mergerfs-2.32.4
>            └── LICENSE
>
> 3 directories, 1 file
> --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
>
> --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
> λ guix environment guix -- ./pre-inst-env guix build \
> 	--no-grafts mergerfs --target=aarch64-linux-gnu \
>        --check --keep-failed
> [...]
> guix build: error: derivation
> `/gnu/store/xkbxh0bwqppf6ga8fxx38hz3f1kq0av8-mergerfs-2.32.4.drv'
> may not be deterministic: output
> `/gnu/store/g3f3pkvli22b6q514cqwwsfk1ip8dwij-mergerfs-2.32.4'
> differs from
> ‘/gnu/store/g3f3pkvli22b6q514cqwwsfk1ip8dwij-mergerfs-2.32.4-check’
> --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
>
> --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
> λ tree
> /gnu/store/g3f3pkvli22b6q514cqwwsfk1ip8dwij-mergerfs-2.32.4-check
> /gnu/store/g3f3pkvli22b6q514cqwwsfk1ip8dwij-mergerfs-2.32.4-check
> ├── bin
> │   ├── mergerfs
> │   └── mergerfs-fusermount
> ├── sbin
> │   └── mount.mergerfs
> └── share
>    ├── doc
>    │   └── mergerfs-2.32.4
>    │       └── LICENSE
>    └── man
>        └── man1
>            └── mergerfs.1.gz
>
> 7 directories, 5 files
> --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Hmm, I checked the build for this output as well, same machine, which is
good I guess. I've submitted another build to replace it.

Where did this come up? I wasn't aware anyone else was using
guix.cbaines.net for substitutes, especially for cross-build things.

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]
[-- Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 987 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2021-05-08 20:16 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 6+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2021-05-02  9:10 bug#48156: basic system test broken: qemu-system-x86_64: error while loading shared libraries: libXcursor.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory Christopher Baines
2021-05-04 19:51 ` Ludovic Courtès
2021-05-05  9:07   ` Christopher Baines
2021-05-06 10:50     ` Ludovic Courtès
2021-05-07  0:33     ` Tobias Geerinckx-Rice via Bug reports for GNU Guix
2021-05-08 20:15       ` Christopher Baines

all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org

This inbox may be cloned and mirrored by anyone:

	git clone --mirror https://yhetil.org/guix

Example config snippet for mirrors.


AGPL code for this site: git clone http://ou63pmih66umazou.onion/public-inbox.git