Hi Solene, Thanks for the great work! I wrote the iptables service in the hope of some day extending it to something like this, but you've beaten me to it! :-) Some feedback follows. Your implementation duplicates some of the code in the iptables service. How about making it simply /extend/ the iptables service with the generated rules? This way, you won't have to handle the start/stop iptables-restore gexps. The iptables service, when stopped, already has the correct behaviour of opening all ports. WDYT? Regards, Arun