Hi Timothy, Timothy Sample writes: > Hi Philip, > > There are some really valuable changes in here, thanks! I would like to > start understanding and reviewing the changes so that we can get some of > this good stuff merged in. However, I have one question that I couldn’t > answer from reading here or at : is > there an agreement between you and Pierre that these patches are the > “right” way to do native addons for Node.js. More importantly, is the > general plan that we merge these changes, and then Pierre rebases their > Tree-sitter changes on top these? > > Pierre, maybe you could weigh in here? The overall approach looks good to me, it's better than what I originally proposed for sure :-). That being said, I'm not very familiar with the Node.js ecosystem so I don't know if it's necessarily the right way, but I suspect the correct way for node isn't very Guix-y so I'm not too worried about that. It's on my TODO list to take another look at the patches as well :-), then yes, I'm planning on rebasing my tree-sitter series on top. > Sorry if I missed something. I assume everything is OK, but I want to > be sure before I start digging into the details of the patches – > especially those first few more complicated ones. :) Thanks for taking a look! Pierre