Hi Bruno, mirai 写道: > Does not result in a fstab entry line, which makes it impossible > to mount. According to Guix docs, this shouldn't be the case: Hm, yes, strictly speaking that is so. It feels a bit weird to add or omit fstab entries based on MOUNT? being true or false, but… it seems like a good proxy for what the user *means* in both cases? If the following is really true, we have little other choice: > ;; In particular, things like GIO (part of GLib) use it to > determine the set > ;; of mounts, which is then used by graphical file managers and > desktop > ;; environments to display "volume" icons. Thus, we really need > to exclude > ;; those pseudo file systems from the list. so I wouldn't be opposed to it. > %pseudo-file-system-types) I disagree that overlayfs is a ‘pseudo-file-system’, any more than NFS would be. It should not be in that list to begin with. And this is where it gets fun: apparently… it was added at my request‽ :-) Or at least Ludo's interpretation of that requests, in commit df1eaffc3: file-systems: Expound '%pseudo-file-system-types'. Reported by Tobias Geerinckx-Rice . * gnu/system/file-systems.scm (%pseudo-file-system-types): Add "debugfs", "efivarfs", "hugetlbfs", "overlay", and "securityfs". Even in this list, ‘overlayfs’ has huge one-of-these-is-not-like-the-others energy, so I wonder what the reason was. I don't remember. I'd happily revert it if I didn't suspect that it was to work around some real (installer?) bug… Kind regards, T G-R