On 2023-03-12 08:46, Liliana Marie Prikler wrote: > Am Sonntag, dem 12.03.2023 um 09:18 +0400 schrieb Andrew Tropin: >> > As for tree-sitter-with/without-gtk, I have no opinion here.  We >> > could try exporting package rewriters so that everyone can have >> > their cup of tea, but maintaining one's own Emacs on the >> > user/channel level ought not to be too difficult either. >> >> I guess inheriting pgtk from tree-sitter looks most logical here: no >> potential problems for X users, tree-sitter for wayland users.  >> Updated the inheritance hierarchy. > For the future, I think we should be careful not to be too close to the > master branch. emacs-next has thus far historically been a package to > try out things for the next release, not the one after that. The > inclusion of a package variant with tree-sitter necessitated a change, > but for packages that don't need it we should go back to tailing pre- > releases as soon as reasonable. Sure, I think after the release of emacs-29 we can make emacs-next to track emacs-30 and deprecate emacs-next-tree-sitter and after emacs-30 release we will include tree-sitter in emacs package itself and also we will be able to move emacs-next-pgtk to emacs-pgtk. -- Best regards, Andrew Tropin