Nathan Dehnel writes: > Yes, that one works That’s good. This means maybe either - if guix shell without --pure works too, you just have not run “guix upgrade” recently, or - --pure helped and viewnior is not compatible with the Adwaita dark theme, or - --pure helped because you have misconfigured something that breaks the installed viewnior, but leaves the pure one intact. What remains as a bug is wrapping the viewnior program inside gdk-pixbuf, so installing gdk-pixbuf is not needed anymore. Untested patch is attached. But then other image loaders installed by the user to support e.g. libexif would not be usable anymore. We could also add libexif, but do we even want the attached patch? Or should it be up to the user to install image loaders? Regards, Florian