Simon Tournier writes: [...] >> maybe ChangeIds really trump the explicit tags proposed by Giovanni >> or myself here. Whether that justifies the cognitive overhead of >> juggling them around on every submission remains to be shown or >> disproven. > > I agree. I am not convinced by the benefits and I already see some > troubles. Please can you expand what troubles do you see in automatically adding 'Change-Id:' using a hook-commit-msg like https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/Documentation/cmd-hook-commit-msg.html ? Thanks, Gio' -- Giovanni Biscuolo Xelera IT Infrastructures