Hello Einar, Einar Largenius writes: > I use guix on a foreign distro and the version of bash provided by guix seems > to have many builtin commands missing. > > If I run /usr/bin/bash I have no issues and can use guix and everything else > without issue, but if I run ~/.guix-profile/bin/bash (or just bash) from my > terminal I get errors like these: > > bash: shopt: progcomp: invalid shell option name > bash: shopt: progcomp: invalid shell option name > bash: complete: command not found > bash: complete: command not found > #... and so on > > Other builtin commands like help also seems to be missing. Some input commands > also don't work, instead printing things like ^P or ^N when trying to browse > history. What ~/.guix-profile/bin/bash points to? See: readlink -f ~/.guix-profile/bin/bash If it's ‘bash-minimal’, then try the ‘bash’ package insted, e.g.: guix package --remove bash-minimal guix package --install bash Oleg.