Nigko, that you attempted the recipe and found an error and a fix is extremely helpful. It seems to me that what is written in "The Repository as a Channel", when copied literally, has never worked. I tried with a guile package instead of your test-repo package, using gnu-build-system rather than copy-build-system, and both current guix master branch as well as old version-1.4.0 branch. It still failed, like you wrote. I turned your description of the work-around into a patch, (see e-mail attachment), in your name and e-mail address, with copyright. Your work-around is to move the package, for which guix.scm is a symlink, to its own directory. It works for me. And looks like a good recommendation in general. I believe Attila Lendvai’s bug with (current-filename) being #f will *not* lead to a fix that makes this cookbook change unnecessary. Is the patch okay? Do you have suggestions for a better commit message? May I push it to the guix repo? Regards, Florian