Hi Ricardo, Ricardo Wurmus writes: > Hi Alex, > >> Thanks for the review again, the package definition is now simplier. > > You only attached the patch to the Clojure sources. Could you please > also attach the latest patch to add the clojure package? > Ahhh, I think I formatted the wrong patch (I am a new user of magit). This time the correct one is attached. >> Yes, the ASM library is included as source (not jar) and is one majar >> version behind upstream (4 vs 5). Also, this SO question says it is indeed a >> fork >> (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/21642115/how-does-the-clojure-compiler-generates-jvm-bytecode). > > In this case I think it’s okay to not carve it out of the Clojure source > archive. Once we need an ASM package in the future we can revisit this > decision and see if we can express one in terms of the other. > Agreed, I see debian make the split, but it is because they have multiple packages build-depend on it. [...] >> Finally, I want to ask do I need to sign my commit? I sign my commit and >> do a `magit-format-patch', but it seems the patch does not contain info >> of the signature. > > The signature would not make it into the repository if you sent the > commit as a patch. The committer to the central repository at Savannah > is the one who signs the commit — this does not mean that the committer > claims authorship, of course. > Got it! > Thanks again for your work. Please send the missing patch some time :) > > ~~ Ricardo Cheers, Alex