Marius Bakke writes: > I noticed the 'strip' phase was unable to strip MD5.so because of > permissions, so I added a phase to chmod it 755. I'm really sorry for the git noise regarding this package. Apparently it's made read-only during the install phase, so the 'set-permissions' phase has no effect. I have a commit that fixes it, but upon further investigation this seems to be the case for most/all perl packages. Only one other perl package has a custom phase to fix it currently. Perhaps we should change 'perl-build-system' to make all .so files writable as well? Alternatively, do it in 'gnu-build-system', as there are non-perl packages with custom phases to make '.so' files writable as well. Perhaps simply run a 'chmod 755' in the 'strip' phase? WDYT?