Christopher Allan Webber writes: > (Originally accidentally sent this to guile-devel@gnu.org ... sorry!) > > Hiya, > > I pushed guile2.2-gdbm because it was just a couple of lines and it > seemed to work and didn't affect anything. I made a mistake though that > I didn't realize until I ran > "guix environment --ad-hoc guile-next guile2.2-gdbm-ffi --pure". > The trivial-build-system in guile-gdbm-ffi dumps the built module into > (string-append out "/share/guile/site/2.0") ... oops! Before I ran > --pure, the 2.0 directory was on my load path, and thus I didn't bump > into the error. (Maybe I should have asked for review anyway...) > > I'm trying to think of how to fix this. I have a very kludgy solution > attached. I don't feel great about it but I don't know how to signal to > the builder whether it's using guile 2.2 or 2.0 otherwise. Thoughts? It turns out there was a more serious issue involved here. The guile input was never used... instead, we were compiling from whatever guile process guix was using to run by using the compile-file procedure from (system base compile). I think this is a pretty serious bug. It means that guile-gdbm-ffi was never properly reproducible by our standard methods of determining inputs. This is entirely my fault, since I'm the one who put together these packages. The guile-wisp package also has this issue. I'm going to work on a fix for it. In the meanwhile, here's a patch that both fixes guile2.2-gdbm-ffi and fixes the forementioned reproducibility problem. - Chris