Hey Danny, On Mon, Feb 05 2018, Danny Milosavljevic wrote: > I assume that means "starts a user's shepherd when they log in". Either that, or run the services itself. In either case, what you have sent is very helpful! > User namespaces just present a different set of names to your > process > (via VFS) so it looks like a chroot basically. > It does nothing for processes except fake their ids and limit > your > overview of them. > > You probably want process groups (see setsid(2)) or maybe > containers. Okay. I've been trying to read about containers/cgroups/namespaces and I think my mind has just blurred them all into the same thing. I'll read up about process groups. Thanks! Carlo