Ludovic Courtès writes: > Hi Marius, > > Marius Bakke skribis: > >> After reconfiguring a remote machine on latest 'master' (post recent >> core-updates merge), I found that offloading to it would just "hang". >> >> After some debugging I found that `guile --listen` failed to import >> (ice-9 readline). Installing guile-readline for the offload user did >> the trick. > > Could it be that ~/.guile on that machine imports (ice-9 readline)? > (On GuixSD the default ~/.guile used to import it unconditionally.) Ah, good catch! This was using the default .guile from before 2ba2c98d8aa695cce608313833a36c61b0fb3428. I have verified that copying the new .guile from /etc/skel works even without guile-readline installed. It would still be good with a better failure mode, but I'll file this under "pebkac" for now. Thanks!