Leo Famulari writes: > This patch adds Go 1.10 but leaves Go 1.9 as the default Go. > > Go 1.10 changes the way that Go decides whether to re-use built objects > or to recompile them [0]. Reading the release notes, it seems to > implement something like a memoized cache for built objects and test > results. > > Go 1.10 works with our go-build-system, but the built objects are not > re-used. Instead, either most or all required objects are rebuilt, so > the build system will need some adjustment. > > I think it's useful to have this new version of Go packaged, especially > if somebody wants to decipher how the new compiler decides when to > re-use the built objects :) Definitely. Thanks for working on it! :-) > > Also, there is a data race found in the test suite when bootstrapping > with GCC 5, so this patch changes the entire Go stack to GCC 6. I'll > send a report upstream. > > [0] The "build cache" is mentioned in the link below. The mechanism is > called "content-based staleness" in some places. > https://golang.org/doc/go1.10#build