Indeed! Since our discussion, Mike worked on a new implementation from scratch (yes, a 3rd version) which supported IPC, was backward compatible and which implementation was much simpler than the not-so-simple emms-player-simple-mpv. I don't know about JSON. Can you tell me which feature you are looking for? I'll look into it. If there is something we should work on with the mpv player, we can discuss this further on the Emms mailing list. Cheers! -- Pierre Neidhardt Recursion n.: See Recursion. -- Random Shack Data Processing Dictionary