Kenny Ballou writes: > I would like to be able to specify a project's dependencies in a > manifest file, add any environment variables as necessary, and have > Emacs be aware of those variables when entering that environment. It may not be what you're looking for, but projects like Haunt [1] put a guix.scm file in the root directory of their project. The file contains a package as its top-level form (I think that's the right terminology), and you can get the dependencies via "guix environment -l guix.scm". Hope that helps! Footnotes: [1] http://haunt.dthompson.us -- Chris