all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Cuirass Ghzminutes enhancement idea
@ 2019-06-21 15:43 swedebugia
From: swedebugia @ 2019-06-21 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hi

I would like to estimate how long building the rust toolchain would take
on my 2-c 2.2 Ghz laptop.

I asked on irc and had an idea of improvement:
<rekado_> swedebugia: you can check the build duration for past builds
on ci.guix.gnu.org
<rekado_> most of the build nodes are pretty old and weak, though
probably still faster than a 2-core celeron.
<rekado_> (we’re currently finalising the order for a replacement of all
but two build nodes)
<swedebugia> rekado_, wow new fast nodes :)
* bzp har avslutat (Quit: Lost terminal)
<swedebugia> Maybe we could have an additional time measurement:
Ghzminutes. E.g. if the build took 60 minutes on a 3 Ghz machine it took
20 Ghzminutes.
<swedebugia> The build node would have to communicate the total Ghz used
for the build. E.g. if 2-core 3 Ghz= 2*3 Ghz= 6 Ghz.

Any thoughts about this?

--
Cheers Swedebugia