Hello, > We could maybe do something like that: > > (define (operating-system-hardware-specific-services) > #~(let-system (system target) > (cond > ((target-arm? system target) > '()) > ((target-intel? system target) > (list uvesafb-shepherd-service))))) > > (define (operating-system-kernel-specific-services) > #~(let-system (system target) > (cond > ((target-linux? system target) > linux-specific-services) > ((target-hurd? system target) > hurd-specific-services)))) > > This way, uvesafb-shepherd-service would be built and installed only > when producing a system targeting an Intel CPU. We could also extend > this mechanism to have kernel specific services. > > That would mean, we need to dig out Ludo patch introducing > let-system[1], but I think it was almost ready. Here's a rebased version of Ludo's patch. I'm not sure about the merge resolution in "lower-object", but otherwise it works fine! Ludo, would it be of to push it? Thanks, Mathieu