zimoun writes: Please consider I'm still on Emacs 26.3 since one package I use does not work with 27.1... and I still have not tested "the bug" in a pure anvironmentt with emacs 27.1 only > On Fri, 25 Sep 2020 at 10:28, Giovanni Biscuolo wrote: [...] >> AFAIU having a public emacs-lucid in Guix master is a better solution >> for users, but I may be missing something! :-D > > You mean better because the GTK bug? Well, I am extensively using Emacs > and I do not remember hitting this bug. Maybe I do not use Emacs > enough. ;-) Yes I mean that precise bug, the one that triggers a warning every time we start emacs with GTK. Actually that bug has been closed upstream, so I don't really understand if it will be ever solved. I'm affected by that bug every time I do: 1. on machine A: start emacs --daemon 2. on machine B: ssh -Y me@A 3. on machine B: emacsclient -c (in ssh session) 4. on machine B: C-x C-c (exit emacsclient) 5. on machine B: (the ssh session is "frozen" in S+ status) 6. on machine B: C-c C-c (stop the remote ssh session) 7. on machine A: (emacs daemon crashed) AFAIU this bug is still affecting other Emacs users using GTK as X toolkit. Happy hacking! Gio' -- Giovanni Biscuolo Xelera IT Infrastructures