Lars-Dominik Braun writes: > I noticed for packages not specifying any URL the CRAN importer emits home-page > URLs like https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/ (without trailing > slash). These are permanent redirects, thus the linter complains about them. > One option would be adding a trailing slash or use the canonical URL, as > provided by CRAN (on the bottom of the description page). The attached patch > does the latter. Hi, Sorry for the delay in following up on this. I gave this patch a try, testing using gProfileR as just a random package I picked. So, my take on this is that the canonical URLs still redirect, but using a 303 redirect, which the linter doesn't complain about. Given I see [1] on the page, I guess it makes sense to use these URLs. 1: Please use the canonical form https://CRAN.R-project.org/package=gProfileR to link to this page. I'll leave it a day or two for others to comment, as I'm not particularly familiar with CRAN, but I'm happy to merge this. Thanks, Chris